Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Blogger's Block

I think I have bloggers block. It probably has a lot to do with my new position (I recently transferred within my company), or more precisely my new location, which is again in a cubicle. My little cubie is right on the corner, so I have people walking by my desk all day long. Furthermore, I believe that my cubicle has taken the place of the office water cooler. People come and lean on, in, and around my cubicle just to shoot the breeze. Inspiration is hard to come by when everyone in the whole office is constantly looking over my shoulder to see what’s on my screen. They don’t intentionally intrude, I’m sure, but it’s hard not to look at something you pass by ten times a day. For example, I’ve alt-tabbed my way around the peepers of about 10 people just writing these few sentences. I miss my little haven where I could drum up blog inspiration without interruption. On the other hand, this new location is probably better for my career.

Oh, by the way, the final numbers from Concert Quench were $48,000 going directly to Care for Cambodia. That amounts to about 48 wells in 48 villages in which people used to have to walk miles just to fetch river water. It will help hundreds to have better health. If you helped spread the word about the concert, or spent money on a ticket, or even just wished us well, then I say thank ya.

1 comment:

~Emily~ said...

Hey Dean! YAY about the Care for Cambodia money! I had wanted to go but ended up not being able to :( That's awesome though...oh and I do love your blog about having to be "security."