Monday, September 17, 2007

Dump Truck

dump truck

–noun
a usually open-topped truck having a body that can be tilted to discharge its contents, as sand or gravel, through an open tailgate.

–verb
outplaying to a great degree the opposing team of a sporting event in all aspects of the game, usually resulting in a blowout.
















Okay, so the noun came from the dictionary and the verb is my own creation. However, I have heard the term used on Sportscenter, and it is the best word I can think of to describe what I witnessed at Rice Eccles Stadium on Saturday. It was the highest ranking team that the Utes have beaten in like 30 years or something. The scene was quite a party. I had so much fun.

PS – Here’s a picture of me at the tailgate before the game. I was pretty happy considering I thought I was going to be walking into a slaughter. And well, I guess it was a slaughter, but in the other direction. I was much happier walking back to the car afterwards.



4 comments:

Gayle said...

So glad you got to be at that game! What a game! and I did not get to see it, just heard about it and LOVE IT! I loved reading the paper on Saturday and then on Sunday! Poor UCLA...NOT! Thanks Dean. Gayle

John said...

Go Utes!

Jenny and Josh said...

I was shocked. I thought for sure we would get the snot kicked out of us. Our boys really stepped up!

amanda jane said...

I was flabber gasted! is that a pronoun or a verb? UTAH UTAH UTAH!