Friday, January 25, 2013

Slip-N-Slide

We live in a very hilly neighborhood. Generally speaking I really enjoy the winding bobbing roads. Last night was different. We had an ice storm, which made the steep road in front of our house a big slipper slide. Some people inexplicably thought they could drive down the hill. I was scrapping the ice off our driveway when I saw one attempt. She slid all the way down and crashed into our bushes. (We have bushes lining the street. And thank goodness too, because if they weren't there I would have had several cars in my yard last night.) I spent some time digging her out before returning to our driveway. I then went in the house and soon another guy crashed into the bushes in a different spot, taking out our mailbox. I put on my boots again and dug him out as well. When I woke up this morning there was a flashing yellow light. I peeked out the window to see a snowplow high centered on the retaining wall between us and the neighbors. Those are boulders that he knocked onto my lawn. I'm not sure how I am going to lift those back on top of the wall. Winters are going to be interesting around here.

No comments: